Part I: Inside
This course focuses on developing an awareness of and learning to listen to:
- The physical body, muscles, bones, tissues, organs and senses.
- The emotions and thoughts that arise and how these impact the physical body.
- The stories that resonate within the body.
These basics of the Healing Moves practice begin to create an understanding of the language of the body and how we can express this through movement and stillness. The practice very quickly generates a feeling of increased vitality and well being.
Part II: Outside
This course is an introduction to Healing Moves in the landscape;
- Listening to the natural environment
- Developing ways of communicating with other beings in the landscape through movement and sound.
- Noticing how the quality of our presence affects the space around us and vice versa.
- Becoming aware of the balance or imbalance between what is happening 'within' us and 'outside' us.
- Experiencing the healing and vitality that developing our relationship with the natural world brings.
Moving with the Elements
Connecting With the Changing Seasons
This is an annual cycle of 5 individual outdoor movement days connecting with the changing seasons. These days are based on the Chinese Five Element system, in which each element governs a season and relates to particular qualities in both the external environment and within the inner landscape of body, emotions, mind and spirit. This model is a wonderful way to help us begin to understand more deeply; how we naturally respond to the cycle of the changing seasons; where we flow well with these natural rhythms; where our energy gets blocked and creates inner discord; how each element is of equal value. With this growing awareness we can start to make choices that enable us to live more in balance, thus bringing an increased sense of wellbeing and health.
The Five Elements & Seasons
In these times of Climate Change with dramatic seasonal disturbances it seems more important than ever to understand that what happens inside us is mirroring outside and vice versa.
The Five Elements and the seasons they govern are;
Water - Winter
Wood - Spring
Earth - Late summer
Metal - Autumn
Rebalance & Clarity
This is a movement practice I have developed to rebalance the being or to bring clarity to a question, a situation, a creative project. It is based on the assumption that ‘our body always know’ we just need to understand how to listen to it and read the signs. Together with the client we set up a ‘map of landscapes’ through which they then move. These landscapes can be imagined or literal. Each landscape has a different relationship to the body which expresses itself through the changing qualities and rhythms of movement, sound, feelings, thoughts and stillness. Allowing and embodying these responses brings increased understanding of whatever we are looking for clarity within.